Terms of contract: –
This contract shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom
Use of my website(s) and / or requesting a quote or making a booking constitutes acceptance of my terms and conditions here in.
Sounds Crazy, Sounds Crazy – France, Matthew UK DJ in EU are all trading names of Matthew Morgan (Matthew the DJ)
- I cannot guarantee which equipment is used for each gig as it is all under a rolling maintenance program – but rest assured, what I do bring will be suitable for your function
- No booking is confirmed or date secured until any Booking Fee becomes cleared in my bank. NOTE: Booking fees can be paid in GBP or Euros, but balances if cash on the night are in Euros
- The Booking fee secures the date and is NON refundable.
- If I were unable to complete a booking for any reason, I would suggest an alternative entertainer and only if they are not suitable or available, re-fund any booking fee held, giving you the maximum amount of notice I can. Otherwise the booking fee would be passed on to the new artiste (I have never missed any booking)
- I cannot guarantee which DJ will perform at your function (I have never substituted a DJ thus far)
- Sounds Crazy retains the right to pass on your booking should it become necessary to a suitable alternative DJ in certain circumstances (this has never happened)
- In the event of Sounds Crazy changing ownership, any bookings would still stand (i.e. will pass to the new owners) and only the balance would be payable to the new owner at the end of the function (I have no plans for this)
- All fees (less booking fees) are to be paid either in Cash on the night, Cleared Funds (bank transfer / BACS) or by cheque in sufficient time for the cheque to be cleared funds before the function takes place (min. 5 working days) Possible debit / credit card facilities available and attract a 5% fee for costs.
- We accept no responsibility for failure to appear at any function due to circumstances beyond our control. e.g. Severe weather, Bad traffic problems, breakdowns, accidents, road closures – but would endeavour to contact the client and or venue to warn and keep them appraised in such an event. Our financial liability is STRICTLY LIMITED to the total amount of any advance fees / deposits paid.
- Playing of own supplied music or videos etc, supplied on removable media.
In the case of a last-minute special song or two, not available by normal means to the DJ, the DJ may offer to play the music from your own mobile phone. However, video or audio content supplied on removeable media CANNOT be played by our DJ , unless received a minimum of 1 week in advance of the function, for data security reasons, and also to confirm the video etc, will play correctly (video assumes you have requested a projector at the time of booking (at additional cost)
- The duration of the evening party, will be indicated on your contract. Often the start time is flexible after I have set up, but the end time will be strictly adhered to and can only be varied, as below
- After it has been agreed in writing BEFORE the event (and price supplement agreed)
- or very occasionally on the night 1 hour minimum before the contracted end time, and Paid For at the time of such and agreement. It is not acceptable to have to wait for payment at a later time or date.
- Please note, it may sound harsh, but no professionals will offer an endless party, as we generally charge per hour, so if you have been having a great time outside of the party room, and then only realise that time has advanced, please realise that it is both unrealistic and unreasonable to expect your DJ, to stay later than agreed in the contract, furthermore, it is often not possible within the rules of the venues, of which more and more have “Dead Cut-off” times!
- In the event of there being no suitable electrical supply available or a prolonged power cut, early termination of the event for whatever reason, or cancellation (by the client) with less than 60 days advance notice, full charges will still have to be paid
- Coronavirus2020 – Clause. In the event of any untoward occurrence such as seen in 2020, that adversely affects, public gatherings, Travel, Normal working practices etc. I will offer to transfer any monies received to another date within 12 months, max. Clause 3. above, still applies in any event. (beyond 12 months is possible, but may require a surcharge, and is at my discretion)
- Consequences of Crisis in Ukraine, I reserve the right to add an allowance to offset Fuel / travelling and energy costs as appropriate, AFTER an event is confirmed (and on top of the price agreed) , as France is very large and the cost of fuel can adversely affect the profitability of my business and my livelihood. I thank you for agreeing with any slight increase levied nearer the date of your event, AND your understanding.
- CANCELLATION. In the event that I have to cancel, all monies already paid will be returned, and this is the absolute limit to my responsibilities, which you accept.
Should you need to cancel, the following cancellation rules apply (note the booking fee is ALWAYS non returnable) :-
Cancelling 9-12 months before the event – nothing to pay
Cancelling 6-8 months before the event, 50% of the outstanding fee is payable
Cancelling up to 5 months before the event, 100% of the outstanding fee is payable and should be paid with 30 days
14. Photos and videos. Unless specifically requested not to do so, I occasionally take videos or still photos of any event, which may be used in future publicity. You MUST let me know if this is not acceptable for YOUR event
- Venue specific notes:
- in 2022 there has been a tightening of noise regulations (some quite severe), this means end times are fixed and strictly adhered to. Check with your intended venue and music provider as to, what is “the law” at your venue. Most quality venues insist on 1am finishes (one I was at in ’23 it was 23.45).
- You may have the opportunity to continue your party in a different part of the venue, but it is very important to note the following: –
- No serious professional will allow the use of their equipment by clients after the end of the party
- DJ’s and musicians and staff must be allowed to continue with their work UN-hindered after your party has finished, and this includes allowing them the space to work, free access and egress and not interfering with lights etc.
MY music collection is all fully legal, and is bought and paid for. I am also a Professional Vocalist, and as such support musicians’ rights to getting paid for what they do. My music tracks are of the highest quality, and I may refuse to use Poor Quality tracks robbed from illegal file sharing sites! YouTube etc (you WILL hear the difference)
Lastly, I am a registered tax payer in France. My equipment is PAT Tested – I have public liability insurance as below (in Fr)
Thank you for accepting my limited trading terms
Version en français: ici
Assurance / Insurance FRANCE
RESPONSABILITÉ CIVILE PROFESSIONNELLE agence – assurp / Hiscox Valid Avril 2023 – Avril 2024
Siren / Siret code: 803 364 462 R.C.S. Périgueux 24/02/2022
Dj (avec son matériel) MORGAN, Matthew
Download a copy