Terms of contract: –
This contract shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom
Use of my website(s) and / or requesting a quote or making a booking constitutes acceptance of my terms and conditions here in.
Sounds Crazy, Sounds Crazy – France, Matthew UK DJ in EU are all trading names of Matthew Morgan (Matthew the DJ)
- I cannot guarantee which equipment is used for each gig as it is all under a rolling maintenance program – but rest assured, what I do bring will be suitable for your function
2. No booking is confirmed or date secured until any Booking Fee becomes cleared in my bank
3. The Booking fee secures the date and is NON refundable.
4. If I were unable to complete a booking for any reason, I would suggest an alternative entertainer and only if they are not suitable or available, re-fund any booking fee held, giving you the maximum amount of notice I can. Otherwise the booking fee would be passed on to the new artiste (I have never missed any booking)
5. I cannot guarantee which DJ will perform at your function (I have never substituted a DJ thus far)
6. Sounds Crazy retains the right to pass on your booking should it become necessary to a suitable alternative DJ in certain circumstances (this has never happened)
7. In the event of Sounds Crazy changing ownership, any bookings would still stand (i.e. will pass to the new owners) and only the balance would be payable to the new owner at the end of the function (I have no plans for this)
8. All fees (less booking fees) are to be paid either in Cash on the night, Cleared Funds (bank transfer / BACS) or by cheque in sufficient time for the cheque to be cleared funds before the function takes place (min. 5 working days)
9. We accept no responsibility for failure to appear at any function due to circumstances beyond our control. e.g. Severe weather, Bad traffic problems, breakdowns, accidents, road closures – but would endeavour to contact the client and or venue to warn and keep them appraised in such an event. Our financial liability is STRICTLY LIMITED to the total amount of any advance fees / deposits paid.
10. Coronavirus2020 – Clause. In the event of any untoward occurrence such as seen in 2020, that adversely affects, public gatherings, Travel, Normal working practices etc. I will offer to transfer any monies received to another date within 12 months, max. Clause 3. above, still applies in any event. (beyond 12 months is possible, but may require a surcharge)
11. In the event of there being no suitable electrical supply available or a prolonged power cut, early termination of the event for whatever reason, or cancellation (by the client) with less than 60 days advance notice, full charges will still have to be paid
Lastly, I am a registered tax payer in France. My equipment is PAT Tested – we have public liability insurance through Musicguard (Pavilion) to £1,000,000
MY music collection is all fully legal, and is bought and paid for. I am also a Professional Vocalist, and as such support musicians’ rights to getting paid for what they do. My music tracks are of the highest quality, and I may refuse to use Poor Quality tracks robbed from illegal file sharing sites! (you WILL hear the difference)
Thank you for accepting our limited trading terms